The mission of the Springfield Citizen Police Academy Alumni Association shall be to promote and enhance the relationship between the community and the Springfield Police Department. The Association will accomplish this through advocating of continued law enforcement education of our members, supporting and promoting special projects that strengthen the services provided by the Springfield Police Department, and assisting the Springfield Police Department in specific projects when requested.
Springfield Citizen Police Academy Alumni Association participates and coordinates a variety of events and projects in our effort to support Springfield Police Department. Some of these include:
- Law Enforcement Appreciation Luncheon (May)
- National Night Out (July)
- Open House (September)
- Annual Safety Fair at Jerry’s in Springfield (October)
- Christmas Parade (1st weekend in December)
- Breakfast with Santa (2nd weekend in December)
- Free Helmet Program for Springfield Youth
- Supply and Equipment Requisition (Most recently, this effort put AEDs in patrol cars)
- Much more!
If you would like to be a part of SCPAAA and are a graduate of the Citizen Police Academy, sign up for membership online or contact Board Member Travis Shannon for more information about becoming a member. If you’re not yet a graduate of the academy, consider applying for the next cohort!